Personalized CoastersI've been trying to come up with a thrifty fun gift from the girls. I saw an idea to make your own coasters here and decided to make it a little more personal. Instead of using scrapbook paper I used illustrations, letters, and numbers made by Little Sweets as well as photographs of the girls and our family. Here's how they turned out.
- I found photographs I wanted to use on the coasters and printed them from the computer.
- I had Little Sweets draw a picture, write her name, and write the year on a piece of paper. Then I copied it on our color printer so I could use the same picture, name, and year for multiple coasters.
- I pasted the pictures onto white tiles I bought at Lowe's for 33 cents a piece.
- After the pictures dried I painted over the coasters with mod podge. ( The coasters in the picture don't have the mod podge coat yet because I still need to add the girls names and I don't use their names on my blog.)
- On the back of the coasters add felt circle pads.
This post is linked up to TGIF Linky Party For the Kids Friday Show and Share Saturday